Ferndale Gardens Board and Management team are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have implemented a range of planning preparedness such as:
- COVID 19 Outbreak Management plan
- First 24-hour response plan
- Strategies for Residents and staff movement during an outbreak
- PPE and Medical consumables supplies
- On-going staff education on Infection Control and prevention strategies– hand hygiene, PPE donning and doffing, cough etiquette
- Restriction on staff and visitors returning from travel to the Facility
- Daily screening of staff, visitors, contractors and all visiting medical, pathology and Allied Health professional for temp, and completing COVID-19 risk- based questions successfully
- All visitors and staff are required to wear surgical mask whilst in the facility and are constantly monitored for compliance
- All visitors and staff must have a valid Flu vaccination record prior to entering the facility
- From 16 March 2020 Ferndale Gardens Staff are not allowed to work across other facilities. Statutory declaration signed by staff declaring that they are not working in other facilities.
- Our residents monitored daily for COVID-19 signs and symptoms and staff are well trained to report any abnormalities to the Clinical Team.